What do you do?

Lanier 8th ID

• 1 month later...

For work: I'm a buyer/category manager at a medium sized retailer. I manage the exciting categories of household paper (bathroom, paper towel, facial tissue) and laundry. 

For fun indoors: gaming (previously played a lot of csgo, PUBG, and overwatch but now mostly just dods), yoga, drawing, beers + watching hockey, youtube

For fun outdoors: camping, hiking, fishing, golfing. I am fortunate enough to use the family cottage a lot during the summers.

Fun fact: I moved to South Korea for a few years after university - I was an English teacher at a private school. After finishing my contract, and before going home, I flew to the Korean Island of Jeju and spent 27 days hiking 400+ km on Jeju Olle the trail. 

If you are interested in my hike - I have a bunch of photos here: https://imgur.com/a/KvylofH (after about 10 photos you have to click view more) 

• Like 2

Interests: Love everything World War 2 related, hiking, camping, weight lifting, gaming, cooking, eating, AVOCADOS!!

Work:  US Navy Corpsman assigned to a Marine unit. Responsible for the health and wellness of 28 Marines in a platoon setting, and as many as 178 Marines in a Company setting both in garrison and while forward deployed. Being the medical attachment, I have been afforded opportunities to evaluate and treat many different injuries both physical and phycological in desert, rain, jungle, ship, and air environments. There may be times where I have to suddenly and abruptly leave, or be unavailable for long durations to tend to my work duties. Love what I do, I'm going to keep on doing it.

CIB-1-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

Bronze-Star-1.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-CampaigWorld-War-II-Victory-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

For work I am a software developer, mostly work on ERP systems and data movement between systems. Get to work from home which is super nice. Been with the same company almost 5 years now.

For fun I mostly play golf in the summer then travel to snowboard in the winter. I play hockey year around twice a week as well. Other than that I watch a ton of football and hockey and play a lot of video games. 

I used to play CSGO and Overwatch at a pretty high level. Won a few local lan tournaments for CSGO and played Overwatch for my colleges varsity team. Peaked at around 4100 but mostly sat around or a little below 4k. Completely wash in all shooters now though.

CIB-3-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Presidential-Unit-Citation-4-1.jpgMeritorious-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Silver-Star-1.jpgBronze-Star-6.jpgAmerican-Defense-Service-3-1.jpgArmy-Achievement.jpgPurple-Heart-1.jpg

Good-Conduct-1.jpgArmy-Commendation-1.jpgSoldiers-Medal-1.jpgArmed-Forces-Service.jpg

Bingo-3.jpgAIT-Ribbon-2.jpgArmy_Service_Ribbon.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpg

Bronze-Star-2.jpgAsiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpg

operations-1.pngrecruiter-1.pnginstructor-1.png

OWI.pngPersonnel-1.pngPersonnel-1.png

SS-2-Years.png

silversniper_current.png

qX3s2Et.png8bAqvyf.png

1454_3.png

2478_3.png

• 4 months later...

Work: Just got out of the Air Force after 10 years in December. (Security Forces and K9 for 6 of those years). Now I am the Service Manager at A&A Plumbing here in San Antonio, TX.

Fun: I'm Mexican and German I love sports football especially Cowboys and Texas Longhorns. Baseball, Hockey. Fishing/Hunting and gaming. I'm married and have two kids 4 and 2 years old.

Here's a picture of yours truly on the left.

IMG_4724(1).jpg

• Like 1

CIB-3-1.png CMB-1-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Presidential_Unit_Citation_5.jpgMeritorious-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

Legion-of-Merit-1.jpg           

Bronze-Star-1.jpghttps://images.eighthid.com/awards/Army_Service_Ribbon.jpgSoldiers-Medal-1.jpg         

Purple-Heart-4-1.jpgimage.pngBingo-2.jpg

mp.pngpersonnel.png

SS-2-Years.png

Nice bmw bike! BMW has been a big part of my family history.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” -Twain

“Not having a goal is more to be feared than not reaching one"

mythos here is my bike.  what type of BMW is she?

20200529_201207 - Copy.jpg

CIB-1-1.png

AIT-Ribbon.jpgArmed-Forces-Service.jpg

nice mine is a 2003 honda vtx 1800c

CIB-1-1.png

AIT-Ribbon.jpgArmed-Forces-Service.jpg

What do I do? Haha that's easy... Just casually slay on DODS, work, sleep, eat, rinse and repeat.
For work I am a Material/Vinyl sawyer for a window manufacturer. Basically cut part of the frame that they weld together and all the other accessories that go with every window.
For fun I love to fish, hunt, go mudding, camping, or anything outdoors really. I love playing video games but I've lost interest in a lot of other games. I don't play as much I used too. I love binge watching TV shows or movies when I'm home relaxing.
Basketball was my entire life for awhile, although I only casually play on and off now. Work has taken up a lot of my time recently. I'm not able to do as much as I'd like too. On top of that I'm working on moving into a new home! Still a lot of work that needs done.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm an electronics engineer, and founder of a small company that makes scientific imaging cameras.  That grew out of a personal interest in astronomy - got interested in the instrumentation and started making stuff.  I have co-discovered 12 supernovas and 1 comet.  

For letting off steam, I'm into racing cars.  My current racecar is a Radical SR3 RS, which I run in some Canadian race series.  I also do endurance racing in Lucky Dog series in Canada, and also the ChampCar series at US tracks.  I'm a "pay driver", because I just buy a seat for the weekend.  That said there are a couple of teams that I usually run with.  These are typically 8 hour races with 2 hour stints, pit stops for refueling and driver changes, etc.  I've done a couple of 24 hour races at VIR.  If you've ever watched Le Mans it's pretty much the exact same thing but in much slower and cheaper cars LOL.  

Here's a pic of my car:

image.png

• Like 3